A beacon in Minecraft can create a beam of light to the sky and offer status effects to adjoining players. Moreover, these beneficial status effects consist of great things such as quicker movement speed, faster mining, and speedy health regeneration.
So, how to make a beacon in Minecraft? Is it easy like the previous post of how to make pumpkin pie in Minecraft?
Indeed, crafting a beacon is a challenging task since you need to search for some rare items. But, since you’re here, we will show a step-by-step guide so that you can follow and carry out by yourself.
How to make a beacon in Minecraft?
First of all, you need to understand the layout of the beacon. It’s a 3-by-3, one-block high square base of iron blocks together with a beacon unit on top. In case you want to improve the beacon’s range and power, just add an extra square base of 5-by-5, 7-by-7 or 9-by-9 per power level.
The next thing is to prepare the necessary materials, including:
- 3 blocks of obsidian – You can find them deep in caves and remember to use a diamond pickaxe to mine.
- 5 blocks of sand – They are used to make glass.
- 81 iron ore – Use a stone pickaxe to mine iron better. Though you can replace diamond, gold or emerald blocks, they are rarer than iron and have no much different effect on the beacon later.
- Fuel – You can avail coal or wood planks to fuel the furnace while smelting iron bars and glass.
- Nether Star – You only have it after killing the Wither successfully.
Craft a beacon
When having enough materials, continue following some steps to know how to make a beacon in Minecraft.
- To smelt the iron ore, you need to open the furnace and then put 81 iron ore in the top and fuel in the bottom. Instantly, 81 ores will be created, and you can move them back to the inventory
- Smelting the glass is also similar above.
- Then open the Crafting table to craft iron blocks first. Put 9 iron bars in each grid square to create a stack and then move it back to the inventory.
- Continue crafting the beacon by placing 3 obsidian blocks at the bottom, the Nether Star in the middle and pieces of glass in the remaining squares.
- After that, a beacon will appear
Build the beacon tower
- Let’s search for an ideal place to start building the beacon tower. It’s best to place it near to your home.
- Create the base with the iron blocks and make sure to put three rows of three blocks on the ground firmly.
- Take the beacon unit from the inventory and place it in the center of the base. Then it instantly lights up.
- As outlined above, if you want to increase the power of the beacon, you just establish more layers to the base.
Understand beacon powers
There are totally 6 powers from each beacon, consisting of:
- Speed – increases movement speed
- Haste – improves block mining and attacking speed
- Strength – increases damage
- Regeneration – helps to regenerate hearts
- Jump boost – raises jumping distance and height
- Resistance – decreases damage taken
Basically, you might take more time for learning how to make a beacon in Minecraft. But, as long as you follow all our guide carefully, everything will become easier.
What are you waiting for? Just perform it and remember to share with us your best result!